The International Permafrost Association is proud to introduce the “IPA Lifetime Achievement Award”. The goal of this award is to acknowledge the lifetime contribution of individuals for outstanding permafrost science and engineering research. and/or for exceptional contributions to the international permafrost research community.
The first of these awards will be made during the European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP III) in June 2010. The rules are that the award should not be given posthumously and should be granted every two years during the regional and international permafrost conferences.
The nomination process for the award is based on proposals from the IPA member countries. IPA Council members will be encouraged to submit up to three names to be nominated for the award. The Executive Committee of the International Association will then pick a name among those nominated.
The list of IPA Council Members in charge of the nominations is available on the IPA website: http://ipa.arcticportal.org/index.php/Country-members/
The International Permafrost Association, founded in 1983, has as its objectives to foster the dissemination of knowledge concerning permafrost and to promote cooperation among persons and national or international organizations engaged in scientific investigation and engineering work on permafrost.
The IPA Secretariat
The IPA introduces the IPA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Two early career travel grants to ICOP 2020 offered through the IPA-IAG Agreement Nov 7, 2019
- Call for New Action Groups Sep 23, 2019
- 10 years of permafrost research at the famous Matterhorn in Switzerland Aug 21, 2019
- Passing of IPA Founder and Past President, Dr. Hugh M. French May 16, 2019
- Advances in hemispheric permafrost mapping May 10, 2019
- New IPA Report released in Permafrost and Periglacial Processes May 2, 2019
- GlobPermafrost products available through the Permafrost Information System (PerSys) portal Mar 25, 2019
- Submit a session proposal for ICOP 2020 Feb 11, 2019