The International Permafrost Association is proud to introduce the “IPA Lifetime Achievement Award”. The goal of this award is to acknowledge the lifetime contribution of individuals for outstanding permafrost science and engineering research. and/or for exceptional contributions to the international permafrost research community.
The first of these awards will be made during the European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP III) in June 2010. The rules are that the award should not be given posthumously and should be granted every two years during the regional and international permafrost conferences.
The nomination process for the award is based on proposals from the IPA member countries. IPA Council members will be encouraged to submit up to three names to be nominated for the award. The Executive Committee of the International Association will then pick a name among those nominated.
The list of IPA Council Members in charge of the nominations is available on the IPA website: http://ipa.arcticportal.org/index.php/Country-members/
The International Permafrost Association, founded in 1983, has as its objectives to foster the dissemination of knowledge concerning permafrost and to promote cooperation among persons and national or international organizations engaged in scientific investigation and engineering work on permafrost.
The IPA Secretariat
The IPA introduces the IPA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Official opening of EUCOP5 and presentation of the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award to Prof. Dr. Wilfried Haeberli Jun 25, 2018
- 27th IPA Council Meeting held in Chamonix Jun 24, 2018
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 41 Feb 5, 2018
- Nunataryuk, a new EU permafrost project, kicks-off Nov 23, 2017
- Create a new IPA Action Group! Oct 11, 2017
- Frozen Ground Cartoons Available Online Aug 10, 2017
- ACOP 2017 Wrap-up Jul 6, 2017
- The 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost this week Jul 6, 2017