The International Permafrost Association is proud to introduce the “IPA Lifetime Achievement Award”. The goal of this award is to acknowledge the lifetime contribution of individuals for outstanding permafrost science and engineering research. and/or for exceptional contributions to the international permafrost research community.
The first of these awards will be made during the European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP III) in June 2010. The rules are that the award should not be given posthumously and should be granted every two years during the regional and international permafrost conferences.
The nomination process for the award is based on proposals from the IPA member countries. IPA Council members will be encouraged to submit up to three names to be nominated for the award. The Executive Committee of the International Association will then pick a name among those nominated.
The list of IPA Council Members in charge of the nominations is available on the IPA website: http://ipa.arcticportal.org/index.php/Country-members/
The International Permafrost Association, founded in 1983, has as its objectives to foster the dissemination of knowledge concerning permafrost and to promote cooperation among persons and national or international organizations engaged in scientific investigation and engineering work on permafrost.
The IPA Secretariat
The IPA introduces the IPA Lifetime Achievement Award
- New IPA Vice-Presidents and Executive Committee Jun 30, 2020
- First virtual IPA Council Meeting and new Executive Committee Jun 24, 2020
- IPA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 awarded to Dr. Jerry Brown Jun 16, 2020
- International Permafrost Association Conferences 2021-2023 Mar 24, 2020
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 43 Mar 18, 2020
- Cancellation of the International Conference on Permafrost in 2020 Feb 17, 2020
- Final abstract deadline approaching for ICOP 2020 Jan 17, 2020
- Two early career travel grants to ICOP 2020 offered through the IPA-IAG Agreement Nov 7, 2019