The proceedings of the five Canadian Permafrost Conferences (1962-1990) are now available for searching and viewing at http://www.aina.ucalgary.ca/cpc.
PDF files of the proceedings can be viewed sequentially, and a database containing 187 records describing the papers and other items that appeared in the proceedings can be searched for words in titles and abstracts, broad or detailed subject and geographic categories, authors, and conference numbers. All of the records in this database are also available in the international Arctic & Antarctic Regions database, the main Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) database, and relevant ASTIS subset databases.
The Geological Survey of Canada (Natural Resources Canada) provided support for the digitization of the conference proceedings and funded AINA's Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) to index the papers and create the website. The support for this initiative provided by the Canadian National Committee for the International Permafrost Association is appreciated.
Proceedings of the Canadian Permafrost Conferences Now Online
- Official opening of EUCOP5 and presentation of the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award to Prof. Dr. Wilfried Haeberli Jun 25, 2018
- 27th IPA Council Meeting held in Chamonix Jun 24, 2018
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 41 Feb 5, 2018
- Nunataryuk, a new EU permafrost project, kicks-off Nov 23, 2017
- Create a new IPA Action Group! Oct 11, 2017
- Frozen Ground Cartoons Available Online Aug 10, 2017
- ACOP 2017 Wrap-up Jul 6, 2017
- The 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost this week Jul 6, 2017