The proceedings of the five Canadian Permafrost Conferences (1962-1990) are now available for searching and viewing at http://www.aina.ucalgary.ca/cpc.
PDF files of the proceedings can be viewed sequentially, and a database containing 187 records describing the papers and other items that appeared in the proceedings can be searched for words in titles and abstracts, broad or detailed subject and geographic categories, authors, and conference numbers. All of the records in this database are also available in the international Arctic & Antarctic Regions database, the main Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) database, and relevant ASTIS subset databases.
The Geological Survey of Canada (Natural Resources Canada) provided support for the digitization of the conference proceedings and funded AINA's Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) to index the papers and create the website. The support for this initiative provided by the Canadian National Committee for the International Permafrost Association is appreciated.
Proceedings of the Canadian Permafrost Conferences Now Online
- Dr. Arthur H. Lachenbruch (1925-2021) Oct 5, 2021
- Cryosphere Forum 2021: Status of research on changing permafrost and associated impacts in the Hindu Kush Himalaya Aug 31, 2021
- Introduction to Permafrost Science and Cold Regions Engineering - A Short Course Aug 31, 2021
- Permafrost Discovery Gateway webinars Jul 18, 2021
- RCOP21 / 19th ICCRE Permafrost Conference Jun 20, 2021
- International Conference in Salekhard, Russia May 26, 2021
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 44 Apr 6, 2021
- IPA Photo Contest Jan 5, 2021