The proceedings of the five Canadian Permafrost Conferences (1962-1990) are now available for searching and viewing at http://www.aina.ucalgary.ca/cpc.
PDF files of the proceedings can be viewed sequentially, and a database containing 187 records describing the papers and other items that appeared in the proceedings can be searched for words in titles and abstracts, broad or detailed subject and geographic categories, authors, and conference numbers. All of the records in this database are also available in the international Arctic & Antarctic Regions database, the main Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) database, and relevant ASTIS subset databases.
The Geological Survey of Canada (Natural Resources Canada) provided support for the digitization of the conference proceedings and funded AINA's Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) to index the papers and create the website. The support for this initiative provided by the Canadian National Committee for the International Permafrost Association is appreciated.
Proceedings of the Canadian Permafrost Conferences Now Online
- New IPA Vice-Presidents and Executive Committee Jun 30, 2020
- First virtual IPA Council Meeting and new Executive Committee Jun 24, 2020
- IPA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020 awarded to Dr. Jerry Brown Jun 16, 2020
- International Permafrost Association Conferences 2021-2023 Mar 24, 2020
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 43 Mar 18, 2020
- Cancellation of the International Conference on Permafrost in 2020 Feb 17, 2020
- Final abstract deadline approaching for ICOP 2020 Jan 17, 2020
- Two early career travel grants to ICOP 2020 offered through the IPA-IAG Agreement Nov 7, 2019