The proceedings of the five Canadian Permafrost Conferences (1962-1990) are now available for searching and viewing at http://www.aina.ucalgary.ca/cpc.
PDF files of the proceedings can be viewed sequentially, and a database containing 187 records describing the papers and other items that appeared in the proceedings can be searched for words in titles and abstracts, broad or detailed subject and geographic categories, authors, and conference numbers. All of the records in this database are also available in the international Arctic & Antarctic Regions database, the main Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) database, and relevant ASTIS subset databases.
The Geological Survey of Canada (Natural Resources Canada) provided support for the digitization of the conference proceedings and funded AINA's Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) to index the papers and create the website. The support for this initiative provided by the Canadian National Committee for the International Permafrost Association is appreciated.
Proceedings of the Canadian Permafrost Conferences Now Online
- Passing of IPA Founder and Past President, Dr. Hugh M. French May 16, 2019
- Advances in hemispheric permafrost mapping May 10, 2019
- New IPA Report released in Permafrost and Periglacial Processes May 2, 2019
- GlobPermafrost products available through the Permafrost Information System (PerSys) portal Mar 25, 2019
- Submit a session proposal for ICOP 2020 Feb 11, 2019
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 42 Jan 25, 2019
- IPA Senior VP Chris Burn awarded Canadian Polar Medal Nov 6, 2018
- Call for new IPA Action Groups Oct 1, 2018