Tenth International Conference on Permafrost
25-29 June 2012
Help us shape the conference by registering your interest at:
The International Permafrost Association and the Tyumen Oil and Gas University are excited to present the first circular on the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost, to be held in June 2012 for the first time in Russia since 1973. The International Conference on Permafrost, held every four years, is the premier venue for all research related to permafrost.
You will find the first Circular for the conference attached to this email or online at:
The circular outlines the themes proposed for the sessions, the abstract policy, the registration, and the excursions planned around the conference.
In addition, The International Permafrost Association invites you to register your interest in the conference and to provide feedback on the associated activities at the address below. The organizers would greatly appreciate to get your opinion.
The conference will focus on both arctic, antarctic and alpine permafrost research. The theme of the conference is “Resources and Risks in permafrost regions in a changing world” and refers to both the impacts of a changing world on permafrost and the impact of permafrost on a changing world. It also uses the world “resource”, which, in the host university tradition, relates to permafrost as both an industrial and environmental resource. The conference will also host official IPA Executive Committee and Council meetings. Stipends will be available for young scientists.
Additional information will be provided as available, at:
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenth International Conference on Permafrost: First Circular and Expression of interest
- Dr. Arthur H. Lachenbruch (1925-2021) Oct 5, 2021
- Cryosphere Forum 2021: Status of research on changing permafrost and associated impacts in the Hindu Kush Himalaya Aug 31, 2021
- Introduction to Permafrost Science and Cold Regions Engineering - A Short Course Aug 31, 2021
- Permafrost Discovery Gateway webinars Jul 18, 2021
- RCOP21 / 19th ICCRE Permafrost Conference Jun 20, 2021
- International Conference in Salekhard, Russia May 26, 2021
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 44 Apr 6, 2021
- IPA Photo Contest Jan 5, 2021