Tenth International Conference on Permafrost
25-29 June 2012
Help us shape the conference by registering your interest at:
The International Permafrost Association and the Tyumen Oil and Gas University are excited to present the first circular on the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost, to be held in June 2012 for the first time in Russia since 1973. The International Conference on Permafrost, held every four years, is the premier venue for all research related to permafrost.
You will find the first Circular for the conference attached to this email or online at:
The circular outlines the themes proposed for the sessions, the abstract policy, the registration, and the excursions planned around the conference.
In addition, The International Permafrost Association invites you to register your interest in the conference and to provide feedback on the associated activities at the address below. The organizers would greatly appreciate to get your opinion.
The conference will focus on both arctic, antarctic and alpine permafrost research. The theme of the conference is “Resources and Risks in permafrost regions in a changing world” and refers to both the impacts of a changing world on permafrost and the impact of permafrost on a changing world. It also uses the world “resource”, which, in the host university tradition, relates to permafrost as both an industrial and environmental resource. The conference will also host official IPA Executive Committee and Council meetings. Stipends will be available for young scientists.
Additional information will be provided as available, at:
Contact email address: email@example.com
Tenth International Conference on Permafrost: First Circular and Expression of interest
- Submit a session proposal for ICOP 2020 Feb 11, 2019
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 42 Jan 25, 2019
- IPA Senior VP Chris Burn awarded Canadian Polar Medal Nov 6, 2018
- Call for new IPA Action Groups Oct 1, 2018
- Register for the Canadian Permafrost Association annual meeting Sep 26, 2018
- Official opening of EUCOP5 and presentation of the 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award to Prof. Dr. Wilfried Haeberli Jun 25, 2018
- 27th IPA Council Meeting held in Chamonix Jun 24, 2018
- Read the annual news bulletin: Frozen Ground 41 Feb 5, 2018