Please visit the page for the Standing Committee for Education and Outreach for more detailed information on these activities.
Example resources for education and outreach on permafrost:
- The popular-press book Permafrost in Our Time, available in English and Russian (“Мерзлота в наше время”).
- K12 School based frost tube (English and Japanese websites) activities and community-based permafrost monitoring network. Teachers (in all frost tube countries) can enter their frost tube data to the GLOBE database.
- The museum exhibition “Under the Arctic” includes some 3D models that used can be made available for teachers.
- For South American activities: www.geocriologia.com.ar
- The IPA Action Group "A Frozen-Ground Cartoon" and collaboration with the Action Group "Permafrost and Culture" (comics in English and Swedish)
At right: illustration by Heta Nääs made for the Frozen-Ground Cartoon Action Group