The International Permafrost Association is proud to introduce the “IPA Lifetime Achievement Award”. The goal of this award is to acknowledge the lifetime contribution of individuals for outstanding permafrost science and engineering research. and/or for exceptional contributions to the international permafrost research community.
The first of these awards will be made during the European Conference on Permafrost (EUCOP III) in June 2010. The rules are that the award should not be given posthumously and should be granted every two years during the regional and international permafrost conferences.
The nomination process for the award is based on proposals from the IPA member countries. IPA Council members will be encouraged to submit up to three names to be nominated for the award. The Executive Committee of the International Association will then pick a name among those nominated.
The list of IPA Council Members in charge of the nominations is available on the IPA website: http://ipa.arcticportal.org/index.php/Country-members/
The International Permafrost Association, founded in 1983, has as its objectives to foster the dissemination of knowledge concerning permafrost and to promote cooperation among persons and national or international organizations engaged in scientific investigation and engineering work on permafrost.
The IPA Secretariat
The IPA introduces the IPA Lifetime Achievement Award
- Proceedings of symposium in honour of Prof. J. Ross Mackay available for download Oct 18, 2016
- Call for new Action Group Proposals - Deadline October, 31 Sep 23, 2016
- IPA Action Group "A Frozen-Ground Cartoon" participates in APECS' Polar Week Figure Competition Sep 21, 2016
- Start making your plans for the 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost Sep 5, 2016
- GTN-P achievements - Boris Biskaborn Wins 2016 WDS Data Stewardship Award Jul 9, 2016
- Thank you for being part of ICOP 2016 Jul 1, 2016
- ICOP 2016 has started Jun 22, 2016
- ICOP 2016 - registration deadline is on 31 May 2016 May 21, 2016