- Foster, promote and organize joint workshops and activities to facilitate and strengthen collaborations between the permafrost and climate research communities
- Encourage representatives of each Party to participate in the other’s relevant committees, meetings and conferences, including the IPA Council meeting and the CliC Scientific Steering Group meetings.
- Coordinate data management and sharing efforts, where possible.
- Share relevant updates, newsletters, and publications of the other Party with respective communities.
- Work together to encourage the meaningful involvement of young researchers in permafrost and climate activities.
- Foster the development of joint education and outreach activities
Vladimir Romanovsky (CliC SSG/IPA Executive Committee), Jenny Baeseman (CliC Director), Inga May (IPA Executive Director), and Antoni Lewkowicz (IPA President) renew the CliC-IPA partnership in San Francisco at the Fall AGU 2012 meeting.