Call for Abstracts and Registration
2nd CAPP Workshop
Carbon Pools in Permafrost Regions
Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
3-5 June 2009
Registration and Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, 17 April 2009
For further information and to register, please contact: Peter Kuhry
Organizers of the 2nd Carbon Pools in Permafrost Regions (CAPP) Workshop announce registration and a call for abstracts. The workshop, sponsored by Granholms Styftelse and the Bert Bolin Climate Research Centre (Stockholm University), WCRP-CliC, the EESP-Global Carbon Project, and the International Permafrost Association, will be held at Stockholm University, 3-5 June 2009. The deadline for submission of abstracts and registration is Friday, 17 April 2009.
Key topics will include:
1) Total permafrost carbon pool;
2) Landscape partitioning (where are the important perennially frozen carbon stocks?);
3) Quality of soil organic matter and potential for decay following permafrost thawing;
4) Greenhouse gas feedbacks on global warming; and
5) How to incorporate detailed field knowledge into general climate and ecosystem models.
The workshop includes invited keynote lectures, oral presentations, and poster presentations, and a discussion forum. Major goals of the workshop are:
1) Set the agenda for IPA-CAPP for the coming years. What concrete goals can we formulate?
2) Discuss an overview article for a special issue of Permafrost and Periglacial Processes for the 3rd European Conference on Permafrost (to be held in Svalbard, Norway; submission deadline November 2009).
3) Select contributions to a possible special 'Permafrost Carbon' issue.
The workshop is open and there is no registration fee. However, due to space limitations in the auditorium, the maximum number of participants is 50. A single session will be held to foster cross-disciplinary discussion, with a time slot reserved for viewing posters. Young scientists are particularly welcome to attend. Support for travel and accommodation is only available for invited keynote speakers.
To register, please send an email to Peter Kuhry (firstname.lastname@example.org), indicating the (preliminary) title and preferred form of your presentation (oral or poster). The deadline for registration is Friday, 17 April 2009. Priority will be given to those participants who submit oral or poster presentations that best fit the program of the workshop. 1-page abstracts will be expected by Friday, 15 May 2009.
A second circular, detailing information on the program, venue, and accommodations, will be issued in late April.
For further information, please contact:
2nd CAPP Workshop, Carbon Pools in Permafrost Regions
- Proceedings of symposium in honour of Prof. J. Ross Mackay available for download Oct 18, 2016
- Call for new Action Group Proposals - Deadline October, 31 Sep 23, 2016
- IPA Action Group "A Frozen-Ground Cartoon" participates in APECS' Polar Week Figure Competition Sep 21, 2016
- Start making your plans for the 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost Sep 5, 2016
- GTN-P achievements - Boris Biskaborn Wins 2016 WDS Data Stewardship Award Jul 9, 2016
- Thank you for being part of ICOP 2016 Jul 1, 2016
- ICOP 2016 has started Jun 22, 2016
- ICOP 2016 - registration deadline is on 31 May 2016 May 21, 2016