The proceedings of the five Canadian Permafrost Conferences (1962-1990) are now available for searching and viewing at http://www.aina.ucalgary.ca/cpc.
PDF files of the proceedings can be viewed sequentially, and a database containing 187 records describing the papers and other items that appeared in the proceedings can be searched for words in titles and abstracts, broad or detailed subject and geographic categories, authors, and conference numbers. All of the records in this database are also available in the international Arctic & Antarctic Regions database, the main Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) database, and relevant ASTIS subset databases.
The Geological Survey of Canada (Natural Resources Canada) provided support for the digitization of the conference proceedings and funded AINA's Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) to index the papers and create the website. The support for this initiative provided by the Canadian National Committee for the International Permafrost Association is appreciated.
- Announcing the IPA Secretariat's new location at The University Centre in Svalbard and new Executive Director Dec 1, 2016
- Arctic Science Summit Week 2017: abstract submission and registration currently open Nov 14, 2016
- Save the date: permafrost-related conferences in Russia Nov 4, 2016
- Registration and abstract submission now open for the 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost in Sapporo, Japan Oct 27, 2016
- Proceedings of symposium in honour of Prof. J. Ross Mackay available for download Oct 18, 2016
- Call for new Action Group Proposals - Deadline October, 31 Sep 23, 2016
- IPA Action Group "A Frozen-Ground Cartoon" participates in APECS' Polar Week Figure Competition Sep 21, 2016
- Start making your plans for the 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost Sep 5, 2016