Tenth International Conference on Permafrost
25-29 June 2012
Help us shape the conference by registering your interest at:
The International Permafrost Association and the Tyumen Oil and Gas University are excited to present the first circular on the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost, to be held in June 2012 for the first time in Russia since 1973. The International Conference on Permafrost, held every four years, is the premier venue for all research related to permafrost.
You will find the first Circular for the conference attached to this email or online at:
The circular outlines the themes proposed for the sessions, the abstract policy, the registration, and the excursions planned around the conference.
In addition, The International Permafrost Association invites you to register your interest in the conference and to provide feedback on the associated activities at the address below. The organizers would greatly appreciate to get your opinion.
The conference will focus on both arctic, antarctic and alpine permafrost research. The theme of the conference is “Resources and Risks in permafrost regions in a changing world” and refers to both the impacts of a changing world on permafrost and the impact of permafrost on a changing world. It also uses the world “resource”, which, in the host university tradition, relates to permafrost as both an industrial and environmental resource. The conference will also host official IPA Executive Committee and Council meetings. Stipends will be available for young scientists.
Additional information will be provided as available, at:
Contact email address: email@example.com
Tenth International Conference on Permafrost: First Circular and Expression of interest
- Proceedings of symposium in honour of Prof. J. Ross Mackay available for download Oct 18, 2016
- Call for new Action Group Proposals - Deadline October, 31 Sep 23, 2016
- IPA Action Group "A Frozen-Ground Cartoon" participates in APECS' Polar Week Figure Competition Sep 21, 2016
- Start making your plans for the 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost Sep 5, 2016
- GTN-P achievements - Boris Biskaborn Wins 2016 WDS Data Stewardship Award Jul 9, 2016
- Thank you for being part of ICOP 2016 Jul 1, 2016
- ICOP 2016 has started Jun 22, 2016
- ICOP 2016 - registration deadline is on 31 May 2016 May 21, 2016