The IPA has many opportunities for our members to get involved in the organization.
Membership of IPA is open to all individuals, institutions and countries interested in conducting, supporting or promoting research on permafrost science and engineering.
Membership is through adhering national organizations (Members of Council) or as individuals.
Benefits for Individuals
- Reduced registration for IPA-related conferences/meetings*
- Travel grant for students and young scientists to attend the International Conferences on Permafrost*
- Welcome gift*
- Registration to the mailing list “Permalist“ (including latest publications, Job opportunities, etc.)
- Opportunity to receive IPA prizes and awards
- Access and opportunity to contribute to IPA publications
*Benefits only for paying members. Reduced registration applies only to paid-up members at the time of the abstract submission deadline.
Subscription for Individuals
- Annual Membership Fee (20 €)
- Annual Membership Fee for PYRN (Permafrost Young Researcher Network) Members (10 €)
- Register with a greater voluntary contribution (Contribute amounts greater than 20 €)
- Free subscription
Note: Membership fees are voluntary but recommended.
Subscription for national organizations
At the moment the IPA has 26 country members and over 750 individual members (Status: June 2015).